Your Company 's eSUB Executive Administrator (see eSUB User Levels) may follow the steps below to set up eSUB Timecard Management. You may also export payroll data from eSUB for import to a third-party financial software package. eSUB can export Timecard data to any accounting software that accepts imports, just send us the import form or ask Support if we already have it on file.
Data that gets exported is Daily Report Date, Job Name, Employee Name, Labor Activity, Hours, and Payroll Item. To get started, contact your Strategic Consultant or Client Success Manager to begin the process of creating the eSUB Time export/Sage import.
You will need to setup a few things in Sage 300:
- Open up Sage 300 and go to Tools > Customize Time Entry
- Under "View" create a new Time Entry called "ESUB" and enter in a description. This will tell Sage 300 in what order to export your data. Please see list order below (It's important that you format the columns in the correct order)
- JC extra
- JC Cost Code
- Pay ID
- Misc 1
- Misc 2
- Open up Sage 300 and go to Tools > Import Time. eSUB will export Approved Hours to your computer desktop
- Click "List" from the import time selection and select the file from your desktop containing the approved exported hours. You must also select an error file as well. Again click "List" and create a new file titled "Error" and Save.
- Enter "eSUB" under Time Entry View, enter the period start and period end date and click "Start" to begin import. Open up the task bar to view import status. Any errors will be exported to the error file you setup.