The Labor Unit Productivity provides unit tracking by Cost Codes or Job Costing when filtered by Labor Class. Tracking Labor Unit Productivity provides real-time insights into contractors’ field productivity. The Labor Unit Productivity Report allows Foremen, Project Managers, and Executives the ability to compare budgeted to actual unit productivity as the project progresses, so that they can make proactive changes to increase profitability.
About this Report:
The labor Unit Productivity report is viewed at a project level. From a project, navigate to Reports & Graphs > Labor Unit Productivity.
- Cost Code
- Date Range
- Unit Tracking View - Select either Units per Hour or Hours per Unit. To display the Units per Day column in the Estimated and Actual sections of the report, check the Show Units per Day option. Units per Day is calculated based on an 8-hour day.
- View Report By - Choose either Cost Code or Labor Class
Once the desired options are selected, click Query Data to run the report.
Updating Default Preferences:
Enable Labor Unit Productivity Tracking:
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Administration > Company Setup > Company Preferences > DRs
- Under Input Forms section, select either DRs or Timecards as the source for the hours that feed into the Labor Unit Productivity Report
- Ensure that “Include Unit Tracking” is set to Yes
- Click Save Data at the bottom of the page. Once Unit Tracking is enabled, installed units can be entered in the Daily Report Crews section.
Configure Default Report Settings:
- Click on the link “Set Labor Unit Productivity Report Preferences” link (see screenshot above) from the DRs Preferences page or navigate to Start > Settings > Administration > Company Setup > Company Preferences
- Scroll down to find Reports
- Default Unit Tracking: Units per Hour or Hours per Unit
- Include Units Per Day: Yes or No
- This is calculated on 8-hour day
Labor Unit Productivity Values and Calculations:
- Original Budgeted Hours = derived from Job Cost Estimates in Project Configuration
- Approved Change Order Hours = derived from Change Order Requests with an Approved status
- Budgeted Hours to Date = Original Budgeted Hours + Approved Change Order Hours
- Units: derived from Job Cost Estimates in Project Configuration
- Units per Hour = Units / Budgeted Hours to Date
- Hours per Unit = Budgeted Hours to Date / Units
- Units per Day = Units / (Budgeted Hours to Date / 8)
- Used Hours: = derived from Daily Reports or Timecards (based on Company Preferences)
- % Used Hours = (Used Hours / Budgeted Hours to Date) * 100%
- Units: derived from Daily Reports
- Units per Hour = Units / Used Hours
- Hours per Unit = Used Hours / Units
- Units per Day = Units / (Used Hours / 8)
- % Units Completed = (Actual Units / Estimated Units) * 100%