Import your email contacts into eSUB. This may be done by exporting your contacts into an Excel™ spreadsheet and emailing to eSUB Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions to import contacts:
Exporting from your Email
Microsoft Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Select File > Options > Advanced
- Under Export > select Export
- Select Export to a file > Next
- Select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 > and then click Next
- Select the contact folder you want to export, for example “Contacts” > Next
- Browse > select your desktop > name the file ESUB > OK
- Select Next > Finish
- Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, and then choose Contacts.
- From the More drop-down menu, select ...
- Choose whether to export All Contacts or only The Group.
- Select Outlook CSV format, and then click Export.
- Save file to your desktop as ESUB
- 1) In the left panel > select Contacts
- 2) Above list of contacts > select Action drop-down menu (gear-shaped) icon > select Export
- 3) Select File Type CSV > Select Export
Modify the Microsoft Excel™ Export File
Once you have exported your contacts into an Excel™ spreadsheet, you have an opportunity to clean them up before they are imported into your system. This is a great chance to clean up duplicates, fix misspellings, and add any necessary address information you may want to appear on your documents.
The required fields for import are FirstName, LastName, Company, Contact Type, BusinessStreet. Please see attached template. Other fields are optional to limit data entry later after your contacts have been imported.
You will have to fill out the “ContactType” column. Every Contact that is imported must have an initial of what type of Contact Type it is. Below is an outline of the Contact Types.
"G" (General Contractor)
Any rows without a contact type code will default to "E"
Flag for New Projects
If eSUB is importing contacts for you, let us know if you’d like your contacts to be added to your Contact Log for all future projects you enter or if you prefer to select what contacts will be on future projects.
Please sign in to leave a comment.