eSUB's "Issues" feature allows you to link multiple eSUB documents (Daily Reports, RFIs, Change Orders, etc.) to a single issue in order to group the related documents together. Issues are maintained and reviewed at the Project level.
From the Project Management Module go to Enter>Issues
How Issues are created...
- Issues are created via the Enter Issue page. On this page you may create new issues (e.g. “Basement flooded during storm of March 28th”).
- Once an issue has been created it appears on the Issue Log. All issues (and linked eSUB documents) appear on this log page.
How documents are linked to Issues...
- To link an eSUB document to an issue, all eSUB document “Enter” and "Edit” pages have a selection field entitled “Issue Link” that allows you to select an existing issue. Saving the eSUB document links it to the selected issue and appears under that issue on the Issue Log.
- You may link as many eSUB documents to an issue as you like.
How Issues are used...
Issues are maintained at the Project level via the Issue Log. You may view, edit, and/or attach files to all existing issues (and linked eSUB documents) on this page.
- You may also attach a file to the issue via the attach icon.
- To remove an issue from the Issue Log click the delete icon next to the associated issue. This deletes the issue and removes any links from eSUB documents currently linked to the issue.
- You may remove individual eSUB documents from an issue via the document's appropriate Edit page by setting the “Issue Link” field to the selection “none”.
- Alternatively you may remove multiple eSUB documents from an issue via the Issue Log itself. Click the edit icon of the issue and from the Edit Issue page checkmark one or more linked eSUB documents that you wish to "unlink”.
- Finally, you may quickly edit any of the linked eSUB documents via the document's associated edit icon.