A brief overview of eSUB's job costing.
The foundation of job costing starts at your cost code.
To begin, start by adding a cost code:
- Go to Start > Administration
- Click Company Setup, then click Cost Codes
- Complete the following fields to create your cost code:
- Assign a Cost Code number
- Provide a description for your cost code
- Select the cost type it should be available for: Labor, Equipment, Material, Subcontractor, and/or Other.
- Click Save Data. Once saved, the new cost code will be available in your company database of cost codes.
Assign Cost Codes at a Project Level
Optional: This is only needed if you hid your cost codes when you created them.
- Start > Select Project
- Click the pencil icon of the project you want to assign a cost code. This will allow you to edit the project's information.
- Select Configure Project > Display/Hide Cost Codes
- Select the cost codes, under the DISPLAY column, to activate for that project
- Click Save
Add your Estimate
- Under Configure Project > click Add Job Cost Estimates
- For each of the cost codes for that project, you can add in the appropriate Units, Labor Cost, Hours, Material Cost, Subcontract Cost, Equipment Cost, Overhead Cost, and any other Costs.
- Click Save