Q2 2020 Product Updates
During the second quarter of 2020, the eSUB Product Management and Development teams released the following enhancements:
- User Permissions: Executive Administrators can segment users to independently access Web Timecard Management, eSUB Time, and Kiosk Apps.
- Reset Password: Maintaining the security of your account is critically important, so our team has developed a new Reset Password page and workflow. When a user forgets their password, the user will need to enter their email address. eSUB sends you an email with reset password instructions to the email address provided. Upon receipt of the email, the user will be directed to reset their password.
- Hours Lost: Users can now export the Hours Lost Summary to an Excel spreadsheet. This is critical in allowing users to filter and send reports accordingly. For example, for any lost hours that your crew has experienced because another trade did not complete their work on time, project managers can filter out those lost hours and share just that directly with the General Contractor. This helps the collaborative relationship with the General Contractor who needs to mitigate risk on the project and understand the impact other trades are causing on the entire project schedule.
- Change Order Status: Change orders can make or break a project’s profitability. When Project Managers are reviewing the status of change orders, they need a snapshot of the status of a change order relative to contract amounts without having to navigate to different screens. This report is in a format that can be easily shared with and understood by their General Contractor/Client. The Change Order Status Report now features a header section including:
- Original Contract Amount
- Approved Change Orders
- Contract Amount with Change Orders
- Pending Change Orders
- Contract with Pending and Approved
- Cost Detail Report: A new column “Percentage Used” has been added. The Percentage Used is calculated from either the Committed Costs or Actual Costs (if Sage Integration enabled) divided by the Total Budget amount. The new Percentage Used column allows project managers to track costs as a percentage of completion and keep their project finances on track.
Sage 300 Integration:
- Cost Detail Report: The Percentage Used column uses Actual Costs divided by the Total Budget amount. The new Percentage Used column allows project managers to track costs as a percentage of completion and help keep their project finances on track.
Employee Mapping: Employee with the following dates entered in the accounting package is now synced with eSUB in the following Employee status:
|Accounting Package (Sage)||eSUB|
|Hire/Rehired Date||Termination Date||Employee Status|
|No Date||No Date||Active|
|Have a Date||No Date||Active|
|Have a date and Earlier than Termination Date||Have a Date||Inactive|
|Have a date and Later than Termination Date||Have a Date||Active|
- Print/Email Preferences – More flexibility is added to print and email preferences for Purchase Orders. Oftentimes we may not want to share Line Notes to suppliers or customers, so users can select to include or not include Line Notes for Purchase Orders. This is critical and empowers subcontractors with the flexibility to use eSUB Purchase Orders for their internal tracking and notes and formal external communications.
- Time Entry: Office users are now allowed to enter time entries in future dates for employees to streamline time entry.
The Product and Development team spent a significant time conducting client beta testing on the new Project Summary Screen. This is a part of eSUB's ongoing update towards a more mobile, modern, and flexible user experience. Stay tuned!