2021 Q1 Product Update
During the first quarter of 2021, the eSUB Product Management and Development teams released the following enhancements:
Labor Unit Productivity:
We made numerous updates to the Labor Unit Productivity report. Tracking Labor Unit Productivity provides real-time insights into contractors’ field productivity. The Labor Unit Productivity Report allows Foremen, Project Managers, and Executives the ability to compare budgeted to actual unit productivity as the project progresses, so they can make proactive changes to increase profitability. Here is what was updated:
- Ability to track via “Units per Hour” or “Hours per Unit” with the option to include “Units per Day” with either selection. The company can set their default report view in Company Preferences, but individual users can select from the other options when running the report.
- As part of this enhancement, the filter/search bar was modernized and now displays horizontally to optimize screen space and viewing of the report.
- A new “Budgeted Hours to Date” column was added to allow users to easily compare estimated hours to Used Hours, and column names were updated to align with job costing reports.
Steps to ensure your report is configured correctly and where to view this report:
- Enable Labor Unit Productivity Tracking:
- Navigate to Administration > Company Setup > Company Preferences > DRs.
- Select either “DRs” or “Timecards” as the source for the hours that feed into the Labor Unit Productivity Report
- Ensure that “Include Unit Tracking” is set to “Yes”.
- Click Save Data at the bottom of the page.
Once Unit Tracking is enabled, installed units can be entered in the Daily Report Crews section.
- Configure Company Report Preferences:
- Click on the link “Set Labor Unit Productivity Report Preferences” link from the DRs Preferences page or navigate to Administration > Company Setup > Company Preferences and scroll down to the Reports section.
- In this Reports section, choose the default view for the Labor Unit Productivity Report.
- Viewing the Labor Unit Productivity Report: The Labor Unit Productivity report is viewed at a project level. From a project, navigate to Reports & Graphs > Labor Unit Productivity.
- The report will initially display according to the defaults set in Company Preferences.
- To change the unit tracking method, select either “Units per Hour” or “Hours per Unit”.
- To display the “Units per Day” column in the Estimated and Actual sections of the report, check the “Show Units per Day” option. Units per Day is calculated based on an 8-hour day. Once the desired options are selected, click Query Data to run the report.
- To learn more: Labor Unit Productivity help article
This quarter marks the launch of the eSUB to Viewpoint Vista Connector using our integration partner Ryvit. Ryvit has extensive experience integrating 3rd party applications to Vista as well as Spectrum and Sage 100.
Viewpoint Vista is an industry leading construction ERP solution. This product launch provides those customers with a true cloud-based Project Management solution that integrates with Vista at the Foundational, Budgetary, and Transactional level. www.viewpoint.com
Ryvit is an eSUB preferred development providing automated, modern, secure data flow to and from Viewpoint Vista. Ryvit’s unique connector the “Ryvit Direct API” powers multiple 3rd party apps and is an industry standard when connecting to Vista. www.ryvit.com
eSUB / Ryvit / Viewpoint Vista Integration: This integration brings substantial benefits to customers and prospects using Vista as their operations software. Integrating Foundational data to eliminate double entry, Budgetary data to see estimates and JTD costs in eSUB, and Transactional data to create and share Change Orders, Purchase Orders, and Subcontracts between the two applications.
- Project List: The open project list from Vista is available to link to an eSUB project.
- Cost Codes: The Vista Phase master matches to the eSUB cost codes. The cost codes are maintained at the master level and at the project level.
- Employees: added, updated, and terminated are up to date in eSUB.
- Vendors: matched to the AP Vendor list in Vista Accounts Payable.
- Estimates are automatically synced to eSUB when a project is connected.
- JTD costs are updated in the Cost to Complete and Cost Details reports.
- Commitment by cost code in eSUB are updated from the PO and Subcontract integration.
- Change Orders provide a unique opportunity for Vista Customers. Allowing the Company to choose between an integration to Vista Job Cost bypassing the Project Management module or a synchronized update from eSUB Change Orders to Vista PM Change Orders. Each connection has its own advantages and can be customized to each customer.
- Purchase Orders and Subcontracts offer a bidirectional sync, allowing them to be created in either application then inserted into the other. Allowing up-to-date financial information regarding commitments and document details in both the ERP and eSUB.
- Change Order Requests: The Change Orders Requests page in Corporate Management now includes a modernized filter/search bar and the ability to multi-select statuses and work types when filtering the log. This log helps Project Managers and Executives manage Change Order requests across several projects throughout the company and bring light to areas of financial risk across projects. With the ability to multi-select in both the status and work type filter fields, users can filter the log to the change order requests that represent the most risk for their company or ones pertinent to a particular conversation.
- Company Setup: When adding or editing equipment, ability to “Display” or “Hide” from All Projects
- “Display/Hide” was added to the “Add Equipment” screen for Company Setup, allowing the user to choose to display or hide newly added equipment for all existing projects.
- “Display/Hide” was added to the “Edit/Assign Equipment” screen (accessed by selecting “Edit” action button from above), allowing the user to choose to display or hide newly added equipment at the project level. The “Display All” and “Hide All” options were added to the column headers on this screen to more easily manage equipment across all projects.
- Project Setup: “Select All” Options for Equipment Assignment
- Under a Project > Configure Project > Advanced Setup > Display/Hide Equipment page has new “Select All” options above the “Display” and “Hide” columns, so that the user can save time and increase accuracy when displaying equipment on a project.